Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Wellsville Garage

Announcing a new etsy shop!
My Dad started an etsy shop of his own.  I can't say how cool it is that he found something that he thinks is important and opened a shop to help others.

Have any of you wondered when to get car maintenance done on your car?  I remember to get my oil changed, but what about your air filter, tires, spark plugs, transmission oil, brakes, ect.? I can't seem to keep them all straight, and usually end up calling my Dad to have him remind me.

He's made this fantastic sticker that keeps a record of what maintenance you have done, and at what mileage other maintenance is due on your car.   It's genius I tell you!  You won't have to look it up in an owner manual, and when you need a new sticker, just order one.  It's the most simple way to take care of your car. 

Let me tell you a little car story and you can see why he is selling this car product.

My Dad is known as the most savvy negotiator.  In our family we like to compare him to the dad on 'A Christmas Story'.  Sometimes it's a little embarrassing to witness him negotiating...my Mom and I would tend to leave the room when he negotiates.  But the man has an iron will, and won't back down.  When I was in high school he was driving home from Salt Lake one day and saw a small white truck in a field with a for sale sign on it.  The sign said $800. My Dad pulled up, and after looking at the truck offered the man $200.  The man scoffed and again told Dad that it was $800.  Well after about twenty minutes of negotiating Dad had the title to the truck and paid $200.  He brought the truck home, and I was beyond thrilled-it was mine to drive.  It was so choice, the most beautiful little truck I'd ever seen.  (It was at least 10 years old, but to my 16 year old eyes it was the most fantastic thing).  As soon as Dad had checked the truck over he gave me one of his business cards.  I questioned him and he said "look at the back."  On the back was the mileage of my truck, and every 3,000 miles after.  He looked me in the eye and said "if your truck is not in the garage to have the oil changed every 3,000 miles, you're grounded".  Plain and simple.  And so, every 3,000 miles I'd drive the truck into the garage and we'd change the oil.  Dad taught me to change oil, air filters, fill fluids, and maintain my truck.  The man believes in taking good care of things-and knows how important cars are, and if we take care of them and maintain them it'll save us money.  And I look back now, and I'm thankful for the things that he taught me and for the good times we spent taking care of my truck in the garage.

So, go check out his shop!  And get yourself one of these stickers, and I promise all your dreams will come true!  Well, not your dreams, but your car will be happy!

2 comments:

mckenzie said...

will he teach me to change my own oil too?

A & E said...

hey lady! next time your in wellsy just tell him you want a lesson. :)