Monday, September 17, 2012

Grandma Dean's















After returning to Utah from Banff, I took my little ladies to visit my Grandma.

Her house is one of my most favorite places in the world-and always has been.

My Grandma has a gift---she makes everyone feel accepted and loved. She has done this my entire life.  I have brought friends to meet her, just to feel of her love.  We call her 'Grandma Dean' because Dean was my Grandpa's name.  He passed away in 2002, and there were only two grandkids at the time.  After he died, Cam my nephew added Dean to her name.

We saw her and my aunt Debbie.  Debbie is amazing.  She always took me school shopping to Park City when I was young.  And she is the favorite aunt.  My girls kept calling her Grandma the days we were there! 

As soon as the girls arrived, they went off exploring.  The downstairs with the barbies, paper dolls and old fisher price toys.  And don't forget the etch-a-sketch.  My brother Chad would play that for hours at Grandma's.  And Maya couldn't get enough of it this trip.  We went outside and picked peaches from her tree!  Peaches with every meal.  So, so delicious. Aunt Debbie was the favorite and kept the girls busy. We explored the mountain that Grandma lives on.  Picked some sage, and rubbed it between our fingers.  I miss that smell.  Maya, Brynn and I went on a little hike-and we lasted about 20 minutes.  It was blazing hot, and very steep.  So we came back down and had a creamy.  Grandma always has creamies.  And we even went to dinner all of us!  

It was my trip solo with the girls and it turned out pretty great.  It was wonderful just to catch up with Grandma, and for my ladies to see how amazing she is.  Love her.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

O that is so cute! And I am glad you took pictures of the "Scout" hike up the mountain. The boys always felt like real scouts when they climbed up there..Grandma and Deb loved having you there..

sarah said...

I'm so glad you guys had fun! I can't get over how much Izzy looks like Zoey. It's like a trip back in time whenever I see a pic of her. Can't wait to get my hands on those little cheeks! Love ya!

A Erickson said...

Oh honey...you completely have Grandma Dean's gift. You are a chip off the ol' block. Sure love the pics of her. I have such fond memories of her! Love the pics!