Sunday, August 08, 2010

when old becomes new





this antique furniture is from the 1880's i believe...right mom? my parents bought it soon after they were married. it became mine and my sister's and i told my parents that if they ever wanted to get rid of it someday, i would like it. there is a bed with a tall headboard and footboard, a dresser and a small washstand. i loved the little flowers in the wood, and the color of the wood, but i wanted to use it in my little ladies room and wanted it a little brighter. so we decided on a white with a tiny bit of pink in it.

we have these AMAZING neighbors who volunteered to paint it for us, since i'm preggy and shouldn't paint, and evan has been swamped at work. our neighbors are just incredible. so kind. i love love love the way it turned out.

1 comment:

TotallyContent said...

I absolutely love the furniture! It looks great painted white.