Sunday, August 08, 2010

last camping trip of summer




we said one last 'hurrah' to camping for 2010 and went down to southeast minnesota. we traveled to a beautiful tiny town called lanesboro. it had 60 miles of biking trails along a river, the best pie shop in the midwest and camping! we took the girls in a biking trailer and rode 15 miles or so to a pie shop where we each had our own piece of pie essentially. maya downed her own piece of key lime and evan and i shared raspberry cream, which i have to find a recipe for, simply delicious. we camped and had tinfoil dinners and loved being outside. the girls helped evan build a fire and watched for fireflies. a lovely weekend spent outside.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Amanda Fetters said...

So much FUN! I wish we could have done something like that this summer. The pie sounds divine. I feel like I have a recipe for something like that around somewhere. I'll look for it when we get back to GA... remind me if I forget!