Thursday, November 06, 2008

nesting

i must be nesting....this is what has happened this week:

i'm 38 weeks pregnant, and find the need to have food storage NOW. evan got home from work and we HAD to go to sam's club to start my food storage. the only problem is i came home from their after spending some sweet cash to find that nothing i bought is really food storage, but i did find 72 packets of delicious land o' lakes hot chocolate. i guess that's my food storage.

i find the need to be stocked up on things like:
shampoo
conditioner
toilet paper
cleaning products

so maya and i went to target yesterday and spent even more sweet cash to buy things that will keep us clean for the next year.

nevermind you that i don't have an infant car seat YET. i'm super on top of things. i don't have a way to bring my baby home, but i have shampoo for the next year. good thing i'll be able to wash my hair and drink hot chocolate.

8 comments:

Amanda Fetters said...

That is so funny! I honestly love Sam's, but there's always way too much that I decide we "need," hence causing near heart-attacks at the checkout...

RoBiN said...

Your so FUNNY! I did that right before I had my baby too! Maybe you should go ahead and get a car seat already...? ha ha ha Your cute!

Anonymous said...

I keep checking in, hoping for some BIG news....you are getting so close, I am glad to hear you are preparing!! :) Can't wait to meet the newest member of your family!

Hannah said...

Hi-
I stumbled across your blog when I was googling food storage. If you ever want any food storage tips or recipes, feel free to check out our blog! We have lots of food storage recipes that use food storage food (non-perishable) food only, and we also gather things step-by-step.

Good luck with your food storage (and a new baby!)

Hannah @
http://safelygatheredin.blogspot.com/

I Love Good Grub said...

I'm nesting too! But in different ways. ie- getting my roof fixed, my laundry room ceiling re-done, part of a new kitchen, and my bathroom floor re-done. Oh, and I should probably work on a nursery too huh? ha ha. Good luck in the next couple of weeks! You're getting so close. I have only 10 weeks left- which can actually seem like quite a while sometimes. Love you!

Susan said...

I think that shampoo, conditioner, TP are MUST for your storage room. What will you do if you ran out of TP? that would be MAJOR! Glad you are doing so well and you are 12 days from your due date!

A Erickson said...

HAAA! Love it. You rock my world. I was so glad to chat this week...more than once...it was blessed.

mckenzie said...

we are like that with food storage too. whatever looks good at the moments comes home in bulk.