Tuesday, October 21, 2008

first minnesota visitors!

we LOVE LOVE LOVE when visitors come! especially when it's "ahno" and james. maya calls annie "ahno" and we call james her boyfriend because she has always had a crush on him. she had to sit next to him, hold his hand or go "find" him. she was so happy to have two people come and visit her. i'm sure she thought that they came just to see her. we had a great little visit, and the time went too fast, but we were so happy that they could come see us. we went to the farmer's market, mall of america, made lettuce wraps and apple pie, evan and james went to a hockey game, and annie and i saw the secret life of bees, all in all a fabulous weekend. thanks annie and james for coming all the way to visit us, we love you!

 

"ahno" and james
 

MY FIRST HOMEMADE APPLE PIE-this should be shocking to many of you who know that my mom is a fantastic apple pie maker and has a tradition of making apples in the fall, that it has taken me until now to make my first, but it was so fun and i'm happy to report the pie was quickly eaten.
 

maya doing her FAVORITE thing: throwing rocks into a river.
 

here is a picture of annie and i and my belly at 8 months pregnant. notice that not too many things are fitting. i have all sorts of great winter attire and it's ALL too short. boo.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Amanda Fetters said...

My big question is, why do you get to be so darned cute when you are 8 months pregnant?? SO not fair!

Susan said...

I am so JEALOUS! I loved seeing pictures from Annie and James' fun trip! I agree. .. you are SO cute at 8 months pregnant.

Elizabeth said...

Yeppers! Definitely super-cute!

Heidi J said...

What a fun weekend. And you look adorable with your little tummy!

TotallyContent said...

Amber, how's it going? Are you ready for the baby? I really need to call you. Sending you hugs and kisses. Oh, and I agree with Amanda - you are so blasted cute!! Love ya, Jenny ** Tell my bro Hi, and give him a big hug for me.

A Erickson said...

Oh I am superbly jealous! Yummy pie, good company, and priceless conversation...I am so missing you guys! Love you!

Daniel L.Thomas said...

I can smell that pie from here.

RoBiN said...

AMBER!!! I found you off Julies blog! This is Robin! I love you! It is soo good to see how your doing and what your up to! Email me your address and I will invite you to my blog. (little scary because I just started...)

RoBiN said...

I guess you want my email. ha ha cortrob@netzero.com BTW, you look darling pregnant!