Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Lady is 2!

The lady loving her first snow cone of the season
 

The new Save the Beetles Wonderpets from her cousin Lizzie-a most coveted possession
 

The 3 of us
 

The lady on her trike eating her little cupcake in a cone
 

I can't believe that my little lady is 2! We celebrated by going to the pool yesterday and also having a little pool party today on her 'big day.' We went to our good friend Peggy's house and ate chicken salad with rolls, strawberries and had lemonade for drinks. For the Birthday Girl we had ice cream cones with cupcakes inside. They turned out to be quite the hit. Maya was all about her little trike and had to sit on it, then drive it and would hardly let it leave her sight! And she was in heaven to see another wonderpets! She was squealing as Evan tried to get the plastic off of it!
I keep thinking back to two years ago when I finally got to hold my little bundle of sweetness. I couldn't have imagined how my life would change-so much for the better-with her here. I am so grateful for this long legged, sassy, beautiful girl.
We've been singing 'Happy Birthday' to her all day long, and she will clap after we're done then say, "a-geen."
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Carly plus Parker said...

Maya, hooray for your birthday! i can't believe you are already 2 years old! good thing you are all coming out soon because i sure do miss you all! happy happy birthday little lady!

sunnydaycamp said...

happy birthday maya moo!!
Aunt Annie has a little gift.. but she's late getting it in the mail. oh well. The party looked like fun and cupcakes in icecream cones.... Ambie you are so creative and domestic!!

love you guys and I agree with Carly... I miss you and am glad a visit is in the near future.

A Erickson said...

I can't hardly believe it! Happy Birthday to Maya! Sorry we're bums and didn't call to celebrate. Soon we'll be celebrating you guys here! We'll have to have an un-birthday party.