Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Maya Rachel Fetters

Just the othe day I wrote about how it was only one month away that our little papoose was due. I can't believe that I'm writing and she is going to be two weeks old tomorrow. I thought time passed quickly before, but having a little one that depends on you makes me realize that time passes more quickly than ever. Having this little miracle has been one of the sweetest blessings of my life. I can't begin to describe the love that I have for her, and how instant that love is upon seeing their tiny little body. She has such a sweet fun spirit, and is such a good baby. It's hard to imagine your life with a child before it's born, and now that she is here, it's hard to remember what Evan and I did before she arrived. :) I love being a Mom, I love when she looks me in the eyes, and seeing her faces she makes. I don't even mind getting up in the night with her.....as long as it's not every hour.

I'm so happy that we are out of the hospital and home. Being in the hospital for a week made me so grateful for my own bed, for privacy, and for the comfort of food that acutally has taste! But the nurses and my midwife were so great during her birth and my labor. I am forever an epidural fan since Maya's birth. I had back labor with Maya and the epidural I had made labor so much more enjoyable. Hooray for them!

Maya lost her umbilical cord today! This is just the beginning of the milestones! Ha ha! She is getting more fat on her cheeks and more fat on her legs. I'm loving seeing her fill out a little bit. We get to see what she weighs on Thursday when she meets with her pediatrician that we call Sam Elliot. He looks just like the actor and talks just as he does. He also says "we don't want Maya to turn into a buffalo chip." See how great it is to live in the east? Where else would you get to hear a pediatrician say that?

Hope you have a wonderful week, and I'll keep you posted with more pics.
Love A & E and Maya Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jen said...

Cute baby! I missed seeing you at the run. We hope you had a fun trip. Call me sometime and tell me about your cute baby. We miss you and hope you are doing well. Love Jen