Wednesday, January 13, 2010

little update

We finally took down the Christmas tree today! It was time, the branches were drooping, and the lovely pine smell was no longer there. I loved having our tree up this year, and am always sad to take it down. I love having oranges on the tree and ornaments from my childhood to look at.
When I was little I remember an advent calendar, and have wanted to make one for some time. I found this idea on inchmark.com and it was the exact calendar I was thinking of. The felt colors are not exactly what I wanted, but I do love the way it turned out. I STILL don't have numbers on it, and so maybe for next year I'll get them done! It's been hanging up in my living room for the last week. :)
This is Brynn tonight, she just figured out how to blow the train whistle Grandpa Rawlinson gave us. She was so proud-she was about to smack Dad's head in joy! The lady had to have a little trim over Christmas because she had a very large mullet going on.
Maya Moo on her first day of Primary. She was so not happy to be awake for 9am church, but loved to be going to Primary.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Heidi Jarvis said...

You made that advent calendar!! It turned out so cute. I keep looking at that link you sent me from inchmark, I've gotta make that. Your tree was so pretty and your girls are so adorable. I loved seeing you guys over Christmas. Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Cutest picture of Miss Maya! And your tree was gorgeous, wish we could have come over to see it. I love the train around it!! I seem to remember rushing to get our advent calendar done, too, long long years ago.

Unknown said...

FINALLY!!! i'm warning you... you're in the running for slackerist blogger of the year! (and yes, slackerist is now a word). you should call me soon!!

lindsay said...

Primary! My goodness they are growing up way too fast. We miss you guys. Just today Ava was pretending to be you and her build a bear unicorn was Maya! I should probably get her out more.

A Erickson said...

I really love these cute ladies! And that tree pic is awesome. I need some Photo101 help with any pics at our house. Please we have to make an advent calender like this for me one day. love you.