Sunday, September 06, 2009

missing virginia


lately i've been missing virginia. it was a fantastic place to live for 3 years. if any of you get the chance to visit lexington virginia, i highly recommend it.

first thing in the morning, you could go trail running behind washington and lee university. or you could bike up the blue ridge parkway. after a nice ride or run you'd have to stop by blue sky bakery. you'd meet the owners mike and brenda who would give you a drink of water and something delicious like a cinnamon roll or scone. and their hot chocolate is to die for. you would see betsy in the back. she's mike's mother and still comes in at 4am to bake. i'd tell you to go to walkabout outfitters on washington street. you could meet my old boss kirk who has through hiked the appalachain trail. and then on for lunch-you would have to go to joyful spirit cafe. they make the best panini's in the world. nothing like it. you could take a walk around washington and lee university, and get to see where the famous war general robert e. lee was buried. you could walk up jefferson st. and see the beautiful old colonial homes. you could go stop by and see my friends don and claudia, where you would sit on their front porch drinking fresh lemonade.

ahh, virgina (pronounced vuh-gin-yah).

7 comments:

lindsay said...

Oh how my heart aches! Love your post.

Amanda Fetters said...

Awww such a sweet post. It makes me love a place I've never been!

I Love Good Grub said...

My sister moved to Buena Vista about a year ago, and I so want to go see her! And now, after that post, I really really want to go to Virginia.

The1stdaughter said...

Now I'm just sad. Such a wonderful place and so many great memories. Thanks for the post!

Anonymous said...

I went there only a few times, but I miss it myself, what a lovely place and people, too.

Kimmer said...

Don't you miss being Hashed by the Hash's?!

A Erickson said...

hmmm..good post. sad i never got to visit when you were there. LOVE the pic. love the connections. you truly, uniquely connect with people nelle...a fine talent.