Thursday, January 08, 2009

The only good reason for living far away from friends and family.....

Yesterday I opened my back door and found a little brown box awaiting me. I LOVE (can't emphasize enough) mail. It makes me oh so happy. And in this little brown box was this:



Well no, Kevin Bacon wasn't really in the box....but FOOTLOOSE was! Mandy knows me all too well, and knows that I love this movie. I know it's a little cheesy, and it's from the 80's but I love everything about it. I mean, who can pull a this kind of hair off? Only Kevin Bacon. I remember watching this when I was about 5 with my older sister Amy and wishing I could be in the movie. I've been teaching Maya some of the dance moves, my favorite being when Willard does the great move with one arm up in the air and one down. Maya is working on that one. Maybe it's also that the movie is filmed in Utah, and I'm going through a serious mountain withdrawl out here; needless to say Brynn and I had a great night watching this.

6 comments:

sunnydaycamp said...

ha ha ha...
so many good memories of footloose.

I made minnesotan wild rice soup tonight (sans ham).. and it was delicious. a keeper.

i miss you!!

Amanda Fetters said...

I just have to say that that picture of Kevin Bacon reminds me in a strange way of Kaman. The nose, maybe? Not sure.

Watching movies at night with babes is the BEST! It kind of makes up for the lost sleep. :)

A Erickson said...

HMMMMMMMM...made the soup tonight too...it was a definite hit. We'll be making this a regular at our house. Love you Ambs

TotallyContent said...

Oh Amanda it's SO funny that you would say that, Kaman is told ALL the time that he looks like Kevin Bacon.

Amber, Kaman has a cousin that was actually in Footloose, he's an LDS boy - well grown man with children now. From what I hear he has the movie playing whenever his kids friends come over and loves to point himself out to people. I guess I would too if I was in a movie.

TotallyContent said...

Oh Kaman's cousin was also Counselor Stennis is "Earnest Goes to Camp," I believe that Evan loved that movie growing up.

Anonymous said...

I love love love footloose! Kevin Bacon.....totally dreamy....I have seen it way too many times to count and it never gets old!