Saturday, August 30, 2008

Minnesota state fair, or money sucker as Evan called it


So we decided to take Maya to the fair. It's insanely big here in Minnesota, bringing in 2 million, yes your read that right, 2 million visitors in the 9 days it's open. I thought it had to be fantastic, so today we went.

Well....it was, I guess I should start with the positive sides of the fair:
* Maya was able to see animals, which she adored, pigs, sheep, cows, horses and goats
* The lemonade was sensational
* The pretzels were divine
* We didn't have to pay for parking
* Took our 2 year old on a little river raft ride and she LOVED it. She rocks.

Not so great parts of the fair
* $11 just to get in!
* No room to move at all, 250,000 people-ugh!
* I didn't see any jewelry the entire time (this is why I go to fairs)
* Sickening displays of food one can get on a stick: sausage and eggs on a stick, pork chops on a stick, belgian waffle on a stick, fat bacon on a stick, meatballs on a stick, pig in a blanket on a stick. Seriously, I don't get nauseous even when pregnant, and this was making me nauseous just reading the signs for the food.
* HOT!

We walked to our car and Evan said "what a money sucker!"

3 comments:

Heidi J said...

Fairs are usually pretty cool. I love the smell of fair food, but yes it can get nausiating!

NJ Hunters said...

i DIED laughing at the food "on a stick" part! so hilarious... i could even hear you saying it.

McKenna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.