Monday, April 28, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GORGEOUS!


Today is Amber's 27th birthday. I love her birthdays because they give me an entire day to celebrate her (please no comments on how I should be celebrating her everyday :) ). Amber is simply the most amazing person I have ever met. Her smile or a look from her eyes instantly lifts your spirits and fills you with a positive energy. She is unceasingly optimistic and unfathomably charitable. I don't know of anyone else who can meet a mentally healthy grown woman for the first time and within a few minutes have the woman crying on her shoulder and sharing the deepest pains of her past. (Actually happened). There is kindness and love in that face.

This is all old news to most of you, but I understand it more each year. The past nine years of my life have been the most enjoyable adventure with Amber leading me by the hand from one adventure to another. I have been happier than I deserve, but I'm not going to complain about overcompensation. We have had a lot of fun together, and, thankfully, we have years of fun ahead of us.

But more than an amazing friend and wife, Amber is a wonderful mother to Maya. Through two years of dirty diapers, sleepless nights, meal-time disasters, temper tantrums, and altered or ruined plans she has never lost her patience with Maya (or with me). She is always striving to make sure that Maya is experiencing new things and growing to be a healthy, happy baby. She is a constant in our lives.

Thank you. Happy Birthday, Gorgeous. I adore you.

11 comments:

A Erickson said...

You couldn't have said it better Evan! She is a ray of sunchine in everyone's lives!

I Love Good Grub said...

Happy Birthday Amber! I love you! I think you are such an incredible person. I completely agree with Evan.

Amanda Fetters said...

Awww how sweet! Happy birthday, Amber...have the most wonderful day every! xo

Amanda Fetters said...

I mean, ever. :)

TotallyContent said...

How sweet Evan...Happy Birthday Amber!! Hope that you have a wonderful day. Relax, enjoy, have fun!! - Jenny

sunnydaycamp said...

HAPPY Birthday Ambie RAE!!!

Hope its a VERY VERY happy birthday!!

love you.

Dalynn said...

Exclamation point on every sentence - you are amazing Amber and how nice to have a hubby who vocalizes it so eloquently. Have a fabulous birthday!

mckenzie said...

all true! seriously i don't know anyone who doesn't love amber. happy b-day!

M said...

Happy late Birthday Amber! I agree with everything in this post. You are one incredible person!

annie said...

evan, you hit it right on the head. she is a blessing to all who meet her. she is the world's eighth wonder! how could anyone not love that girl? we love you both so much and wish we could be neighbors in montana one day! happy birthday amber!! we love you

Anonymous said...

Oh Amber, you are so loved! I hope you had a happy happy birthday!!! What a sweet tribute from your hubby - it was all true, you really are amazing! xoxo