Thursday, January 16, 2014

Utah part I

 Zoe ready to rock it at the airport.  This is about 5:30am. 
 Denver.  After changing clothes and doing a bit of hair, we are ready to fly to SLC.
 So happy to be exploring the toy room at Grandma and Grandpa's.  They have to go check out what has changed, and what new or different toys there are.
 A man who sat one row behind us on our flight handed me this note with $20.  I love kind people!  Made me want to do this for others.  Basically, it made my year. 
 Sitting at the bar.
 Maya reacquainted with her horses:  Moon and Ranger.  every morning she would go out and talk to the horses and feed them.  
 Lincoln logs.  Why we don't have a set, I don't know.  But this stayed out the whole time we were in Utah.
 Had to go see Douglas the dinosaur at the gas station.  And of course snag an ice cream.
 Working hard on her ice cream.
 Her favorite spot.
 Wide open spaces of Newton. 
 Getting ready to go on the boat at Cutler Dam.
 She was only a fan of the boat if she was on someone's lap.
Brynn + Sophie on the boat. 
Mountains + Water= my favorite.
 Couldn't get enough of the sky.
 Zoe + Grandma.
 Grandpa giving her a pep talk while I was skiing with Sarah.
 The moon was out. Amazing.
 Sisters skiing!  And how!
 Cozy movie time.
 Had to have a picture by the zinnias.  My most favorite flower.
 Swimming with cousins.
 Cannot get enough of these views and the moon!
 Mini hiking adventure in Logan.
 She heard a loud motorcycle, turned and waved.
 Barefoot cruisers. Maya and Sam.
 Ryen-the happiest little lady on the planet and Mand.
 View of the Wellsville's from Paradise.
Hamid, who owns Logan's Heroes.  My favorite place to eat in Logan. Love this guy.

Ahem...I am attempting to catch up from summer.  Oh sheesh.  And I have to go in chronological order or it will drive me crazy.  So alas, here we go.  

The girls and I flew to Utah for two weeks in August.  The girls were amazing on the flight.  I was sweating bullets, but they were so good.  I really was so proud of them.  

I love summertime in Cache Valley.  I love the summer nights especially-sprinklers, running ditches and crickets are my favorite sounds.  We skied one night at Cutler Dam thanks to my sister Sarah and her husband Alan.  We went to Logan's Heroes, played at parks, and went swimming at the Brigham pool-our favorite.  

I ran into a couple from Sun City Arizona whom I had met 12 years earlier when I was working for the Summer Citizen program at Utah State. When I left Utah State summer program I had been married only a year.  It was a great reunion.  

The girls partied with Grandpa doing the usual: Tom's service, Douglas the dinosaur, feeding the ducks, and riding Moon the horse.  Oh, and of course motorcycle rides.  

More pics to come.  Slowly but surely I will update this blog! Ha!

No comments: