Sunday, May 22, 2011

30




before turning 30 i explained my hopes to evan about turning 30. it went something like this:

me: i'd really like to be somewhere warm and exotic when i turn 30, you know, like greece.
evan: yeah, that would be fantastic. let's go to greece! (my husband is my favorite to present traveling ideas to-he ALWAYS agrees).

i had been daydreaming of going somewhere wild when turning 30, so that i could give a giant hurrah to my 20's. it was a lofty dream, but in a tiny way possible....but we had little zoe instead. and although she is so worth it, i turned 30 in minne, not in greece. so, evan asked me what i wanted for my big day, which we make a big deal of around here. so i told him i'd like an FFM party. just friends, food and music.

turns out we have a deck that can seat 30 people, and i happen to be married to someone who can cook enough food for 30 people, from scratch by himself. we served lettuce wraps, eggrolls, fruit salad, and strawberry shortcake. we sat outside and enjoyed the beautiful blue sky. evan went all out, and it was an amazing party. we came inside and our friend played guitar in my living room. i just kept thinking that this was exactly what i wanted for my birthday. a little piece of heaven. problem is-a) i'd like to have a party like this every weekend and b) i took no pics of the party. so here are a few random shots, and then just a cute picture of zoe.

i had issues of turning the big 3-0, but it's not so bad...and at least i'm not 40 right?!

5 comments:

Kimberly Ann Petersen said...

Happy 30 lady! I looked at 30 as good riddance to my 20s (the decade when I did all of the really stupid things I was going to do in life--hopefully!). Your little one is so adorable.

I Love Good Grub said...

Welcome to the dirty 30! :)

sunnydaycamp said...

yeah a new fetters post! a new blog header too- I like it.

i'm glad you had a wonderful 30th.

you'll be out this way again before you know it.

love you

Susan said...

Ambie--Happy 30th to you! It was wonderful to see you and the ladies while you were in Utah. Funny pictures of little Zoe eating apple sauce. Oakley feel the same way about peas and sweat potatoes although she like to gag when they hit her tongue.

A Erickson said...

I am so jealous I wasn't there to squeeze your cheeks and eat evan's yummy food and rock out!