Friday, February 18, 2011

that's what i'm talkin' about willis.....



..........donuts that is!

there is a little hole in the wall donut shop not far from our house. we went there saturday to partake of the goodness. you know a good donut shop by the size of the employees. this one is a goooood one.

the girls licked all the sprinkles off of their donuts, leaving the rest behind. evan and i had glazed. little piece of heaven para mi. that reminds me of a funny story. i had just had brynn in november of 2008 and my mom was visiting for the week. she and evan went to get a few groceries and i asked them to get a few donuts. my mom saw the donuts and went to get a dozen. evan picked up a much smaller box of 4 instead. when he came home i think i nearly burst into tears for only having 4 donuts and not a dozen! lesson learned: a new mama needs her dozen!

it's always nice to start a weekend off on the right foot.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That really makes me hungry for a donut or two! I have fond memories of the little donut shop, and shopping for new postpartum girls...think I'll send Dad to Macey's in the morning. If you wait too long, all the fresh donuts are gone; he has missed out on assorted for 2 weeks:)

A Erickson said...

I wish I were having a big fat one with you! And I am LOVING the music...someone is going to have to burn me a killer CD of tunes-oh that makes me nostalgic-back to high school and Ben Harper/Neil Young dubbed tapes...ha.

Scott and Katie said...

I laughed SO hard when I read your description of how to gauge the quality of a donut shop. Soooo true. Glad you found a place to get yummy treats. I can't wait to find the little gems like that in our new neck of the woods. Hopefully I'll have a whole bunch of them for you to try in August! We're so excited to see you guys!

Chad said...

There is a donut shop up here called Top Pot donuts and they are soooo goood! Mmm, now I'm hungry and might have to go for a late night snack :)