Monday, December 06, 2010

Zoe's Blessing Dress





Zoe was given a special gift by my Aunt Debbie. She made Zoe's blessing dress. This dress was the most beautiful blessing dress I have ever seen, using knitting, crocheting and sewing. I wanted something warm to bless her in, and long. And I am in love with how it turned out. First of all you have to know that my aunt Debbie is the MOST AMAZING AND TALENTED KNITTER IN THE WORLD. Really, this woman can knit anything you ever wanted. She has been knitting for ages, and has made me an afghan, and a few purple sweaters. And you know how I feel about purple. When I was about 5 she knitted me a rainbow hoodie. It was my favorite.

The dress has little crocheted flowers around the neckline and the bottom, with a little pearl bead inside of them. It has scalloped edges with ribbon coming through. The knitting itself is unbelievable. I was so grateful for Debbie for this beautiful dress and for how special it made Zoe on her special day.

Zoe also wore the shoes that were given to Maya on her blessing day from her Great Grandma Dean. All 3 girls have worn them. We blessed Zoe in Indiana where Evan is from and it was a wonderful, special day.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Becky Pearson said...

So pretty! Love the polka dots...