Saturday, October 24, 2009

The man I call 'Sexy Marty'


If any of you would like to hear some good music, check out THIS man.


In October of 1997 I was a high school junior looking through our local paper. I found an ad for some live music at the Lyric Theater in Logan. The theater was featuring Martin Sexton. I called up a good friend of mine and we went and saw him.


One of the best live performances I've seen, EVER!


I bought his cd that night, and loved it. And I shared it with people, and through my friend Annie, he is now known as 'Sexy Marty.'


His music is timeless. He's part funk, party soul, part folk, and you won't be disappointed. Today I was listening to him and it always makes me think of that fall day when I saw him live. What a good day.

3 comments:

I Love Good Grub said...

Oh, Martin. He makes me swoon... actually i'm not quite totally sure what swoon means, but I love that man. And guess what? He is on my fall music list. (I have seasonal artists that I can only listen to during that season, otherwise it really makes me feel wierd to listen to winter music in the summer, or fall music any other time of the year. Is that wierd?)

Amanda Fetters said...

Me likey. :) And I am like Camille with some artists, too. Bjork especially. I can only listen to her when the weather is dreadful... she really isn't a sunny day kinda gal.

sunnydaycamp said...

such good memories of the old days.