Thursday, June 04, 2009

last weekend

a little of this:

and some of this:


a little of that:

and some of this:



we took the little ladies camping last weekend. it was brynn's first camping adventure of her life. she and maya were fantastic. we hiked, made lots of fires, which maya was more than giddy to help with, waded in the river, watched for fish, sang songs, ate and ate, and were amazed that with two little ladies it went so smoothly. brynn woke up at her usual 7am, and took a morning walk with daddy, was tired by 8am and then slept by maya until a little after 9am. glory be! it was heaven to sleep in a little. and yes, brynn is cross-eyed in the picture. :)















Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

I Love Good Grub said...

Hooray for camping! I love it. So listen. I really need to meet your little ladies. Can we please please please get together the next time you are in Cache Valley? I'm sure it's usually a whirlwind, but I would really love to see you! Let me know! Love you lots!

Pamela said...

Camping...very adventurous!! If anyone is up for you are...way to go.

Amanda Fetters said...

So much fun!! I admire you guys so much for getting out and doing cool stuff - it reminds me that hey, that really is possible! :)

Mack said...

Dude, I just remembered about y'all's blog. Huzzah! A new site to browse while I've got jack to do at work!

So Amber, do you think Evan will continue to wear that tie-dye shirt until it actually disintegrates on his body? If he's anything like me when it comes to awesome, though woefully underappreciated shirts (like, say, an Allman Brothers shirt decorated with little dancing mushrooms that becomes progressively more transparent with each subsequent wear, much to my wife's chagrin), my guess is yes.

Looks like camping was solid; glad y'all enjoyed.

Oh and dude, the family photo on the front porch has an amazing Norman Rockwell vibe. Kudos on the beautiful kids and the crazy bearded husband.